Great car seat!
August 1, 2022
I have owned a lot of different car seats over the years (I have 9 children plus I was a baby for 14 years prior to having kids). My 7 month old HATED her infant car seat (Nuna) which was leading to very stressful car rides. I started my search for a new seat.
I currently have 3 Diono seats (that still have 6 years left) however, they are TERRIBLE for rear facing!!! I only purchased because I had two RF kids and 1 FF kid. Used them and hated them. I reviewed every seat, every measurement for height/width, etc! I've owned Britax, Clek, Graco, Nuna, Diono .... You name it I've used it! My 2.5 year old also wasn't comfortable in his Clek, so I bought him one to try!
Here's my personal opinion -
1. Yes it's "heavy" but really it's lighter than the a Diono and just as awkward as the Britax and Clek.
2. SIMPLE to install! Love that it has dual pulls unlike Diono and Clek.
3. The recline is RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME! I have her behind the drivers seat, fully reclined and I didn't have to move the front seat! (I'm not short, 5'7) and can slip a piece of paper between the seats (if you can't, you need to move the seat forward put alter the recline).
3. My 2.5 yo is forward facing and the seat fits perfectly in the second row! His sister can still skip my to get into her seat.
4. The head rest aspect is super cool! So far, only the 2.5 yo has trialed it. His head didn't flop forward like it did in the Clek, he says it's cozy and soft (sensory issues and he gave it 2 thumbs up!!!)
5. Cup holder is okay. I could take it or leave it.
6. Please be sure to read the manual on regards to the side impact. You don't use both if there are passengers on either side only use on the side next to door / window.
I give this seat 5 stars! My 2.5 yo loves it and my 7 month old (knock on wood) is no longer screaming in the car!!
*I drive a 12 passenger Chevrolet van for reference*