So great but one flaw
May 6, 2018
Bought this after welcoming our third child. I was too overwhelmed by the idea to "make" baby food after trying a couple times with my other two kids. This appliance streamlines the process and makes it quick and easy. Simply measure water to one of the 3 levels indicated on the cooking container, pour water into appliance, cut up fruit and/or vegetables, place in container, close and hit steam button. Once it cooks for approximately 10- 15 minutes, stain cooked items , return to cooking container and blend with cooking water.At most it takes 20-30 min. Left overs can be stored in the refrigerator or frozen.I also use some of the puree to get "stealth" fruits/ vegetables into my older kids mac and cheese or pancake mixes.
- -Fresh baby food prepared in under 30 minutes.
- -Only (3) components to wash and clean as compared to the multiple pots and blender if making food with traditional kitchen items.
- - Fast and easy to use.
- -Fast , easy meal preparation. Use your own known ingredients. Fresh baby food is so much better and wastes less containers and packaging. Better for environment and your baby!
- The one MAJOR flaw:
- - Plastic Components!!!! This is 2018 why on earth are they using plastic components in a appliance much less a baby appliance?! Please spend the extra money, make this environmentally responsible and better for cooking in. I WILL PAY EXTRA for all glass cooking container and a metal steam basket. Silicon lid would be much better than plastic. Hopefully Beaba will make this change.
- - Direction manual is hard to understand.
- - Very few recipes are included.